LATEST IN IPL
- IPL 2017: The Plans That Worked and Those That Didn’tMay 26, 2017Mumbai Indians had a tactically shrewd coach in Mahela Jayawardene and it showed in the way they went about their business. It was therefore, not a surprise to see them win the trophy as they always seemed to have a plan.
- Pride, Prejudice & Misfortune: A Look at IPL’s Unlucky XIMay 24, 2017IPL gives us glimpses of how cruel the sport can be, as individual heroics go down the drain, in-form players are left out, deserving individuals are sidelined and injuries frustrate both the infirmed and their fans.
- What Every Girl Is Going Through Right Now After The IPLMay 23, 2017Just like we were all happy to say goodbye to Arnab Goswami on Times Now, he came back on our screens louder than ever. The Champions Trophy sneaking up right after the IPL is giving ladies all the same feelings.
- What went wrong for RCB in IPL 2017?May 16, 2017Virat Kohli struck four centuries and scored close to one thousand IPL runs in 2016. Fast forward to 2017 and he struggled to score runs, dropping catches and making blunders in captaincy. It’s like he has managed to transform himself from Sir Alex Ferguson to David Moyes in one year.
- Diary of a CheerleaderMay 15, 2017What goes through a cheerleaders mind when she dances half-naked in front of 40,000 fans during the IPL? She tries to put all her thoughts in her diary.
- Four Ways To Improve The IPL Viewing ExperienceMay 6, 2017The raucous atmosphere in every match bears close resemblance to a crowded nightclub. This overdose of non-cricket takes its toll on traditional fans, who just want to enjoy a good game of cricket by cutting out the sundries.
- The Comeback: How Have RPS Become Title Contenders?May 5, 2017The overseas replacement they roped in was a leg-spinner in Imran Tahir, the no.1 ranked T20 bowler in the world and surprisingly unpicked in the auction. However, it was quite evident Pune were struggling with their team combination trying to fit Adam Zampa and Imran Tahir in the same squad and lost three out of their opening four games.
- IPL Analysis: Does A Player’s Price Affect Performance?May 4, 2017Through the years in the IPL auction we have seen some staggering price tags for players, and this year was no different. Ben Stokes was sold to Rising Pune SuperGiant for $2.16 million, making him the highest-ever paid Englishman at the IPL, and he was closely followed by Tymal Mills who went for $1.9 million. This raises the question: does price put pressure on a player to perform?
- IPL 2017: The Plans That Worked and Those That Didn’tMumbai Indians had a tactically shrewd coach in Mahela Jayawardene and it showed in the way they went about their business. It was therefore, not a surprise to see them win the trophy as they always seemed to have a plan.
- Dear Sachin, Dear Rahul: Letters From India’s Greatest PartnershipWouldn't it be great if Sachin Tendulkar and Rahul Dravid recalled the old days by exchanging letters? Let's see how that correspondence might go:
- IPL Ads: We’ve Had Quite Enough, Thank You.One can only hope that this trend does not carry over to any other form of cricket. Otherwise, in a few years, we will be watching a Test match where the umpire will call for a Haldiram’s Chaat and Dhokla break instead of saying ‘Gentlemen, it’s lunch’.
- Zakir Khan’s ‘Haq Se Single’ – An Insight Into Modern RelationshipsJuly 15, 2017
- Misbah and Younis: Is It Really Time To Say Goodbye?May 9, 2017
- Four Ways To Improve The IPL Viewing ExperienceMay 6, 2017
- This is What a Conversation Between Dhoni and Raina Probably Looks Like…May 1, 2017
- Baahubali – The Conclusion: Much More Than A Suspense Revelation TaleMay 1, 2017
- Gurmehar Kaur – Does Freedom of Speech Exist in India?March 1, 2017